F1 Hybrid seeds
F1 hybrid seeds are seeds that have been created by special breeding techniques. This technique gives you the best seeds immediately, but it is not possible to further grow the seeds.
Where does the F1 hybrid seeds generation come from?
By growing seeds from two different plants that both have a different good quality through self-pollination, until both plants have all the best, right and desired characteristics. The seeds from the next 'complete' plants are the F1 hybrid seeds. These seeds therefore contain only good properties.
It is then not advisable to propagate the seeds from F1 hybrid plants. The reason for this is that only a small percentage of good characteristics remain. It is of course possible, but it will not achieve the desired result.
At this moment Dutch Garden Seeds b.v. sells different types of F1 Hybrid seeds:
- Strawberry seeds Grandian F1 hybrid
- Curly Kale seeds Reflex F1 hybrid
- Cucumber seeds Greenhouse Euphoria F1 hybrid
- Calabrese seeds Marathon F1 hybrid
- Chicory seeds Witloof Zoom F1 hybrid
- Brussels Sprouts seeds Topline F1 hybrid
- Sweet Corn seeds Tasty Sweet F1 hybrid
- Tomato seeds Pyros F1 hybrid
- Tomato seeds Serrat F1 hybrid
- Tomato seeds Super Sweet 100 F1 hybrid
- Summer Carrot seeds Napoli F1 hybrid
- Summer Squash seeds Diamond F1 hybrid
- Summer Squash seeds Gold Rush F1 hybrid
- BIO / Organic summer squash seeds partenon F1 hybrid
- Mini Eggplant seeds Ophelia F1 Hybrid